CAM3D Three is a pet project of mine to build a module capable of creating, storing, managing and presenting scenegraphs in Drupal for the representation of 3D data, whether for commerce, scientific visualisation, aesthetics or anything else you can think of. The editor is based on mr doobs Three.js editor found at threejs.org/editor and most of the content is based on his Three.js library. So far, the module has:
- A custom entity to store top level objects (Scenegraph Node Objects) such as Meshes, various types of Camera, various types of Light, and a raw Views integration. A Volumetric object is currently in development, and a WebVR camera willl be implemented in the near future. Each of these objects has a pluggable backend, a pluggble controller for object production in the client and a pluggable ui controller for the editor.
- File Entity integration to store various types of Geometry and Materials (Scenegraph Node Cores), each of these objects has a pluggable backend, a pluggble controller for object production in the client and a pluggable ui controller for the editor.
- A partially (75%) integrated 3D editor for the creation of scenegraphs based on mr doobs Three.js editor, including scripting based on the CodeMirror editor. Parts that are currently missing include
- File import and conversion
- Cloning and deleting object references in scene.
- The "play" button and potentially other things, to be confirmed.